As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities in life. It allows peace of mind in knowing your hard earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose. Do you want investments going outside the family?
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will is required to perform a number of duties. At Crown Accounting we are experienced in estate planning, and can make sure the succession plan for your assets will be held to.
At Crown Accounting we'll go through with your your total position. Many people don't appreciate that your will is only part of the picture. Superannuation, trusts and life insurance are dealt with separately. We'll ensure your wishes are co-ordinated.
The areas involved in estate administration we are able to assist in include:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Reviewing your will for tax effectiveness. Most wills don't consider the tax consequences of beneficiaries, and aren't flexible.
- Confirming assets - valuations, inventories, appraisals
- Court approval for a grant of administration
- Documentation involved in estate planning
- Protecting the assets
- Paying taxes and debts
- Estate distribution