Personal Tax Documents Checklist
Depending on the package you choose, we'll need as a minimum:
- Last year's tax returns
- Spouse name, date of birth, Tax File Number and separate net income
- Dependant Names, dates of birth, separate net Income
- List of major personal assets & liabilities, approximate market values & acquisition date.
- List of personal insurances
- Personal financial goals
- Copy of investment plans, if any
Do you need to bring any of the following? This isn't exclusive, more might arise in a meeting:
This isn't exclusive, more might arise in a meeting:
- PAYG Payment Summaries from your employer/s
- Passbooks, cash management accounts, and/or bank statements . Did you open or close any accounts? Any joint accounts?
- Dividend statements showing franked & unfranked dividends, and imputation credit .
- Did you buy or sell any shares?
- Details of rental income earned and expenses relating to property. Annual summary from your agent, plus land tax, insurance travel etc that you might have paid.
- Did you buy or sell property? If so copies of settlement statements. How old is the property?
- HECS/HELP Statement from the Australian Taxation Office
- Spouse separate net income
- Dependants separate net incomes
- Receipts, invoices, diary entries/log book or odometer records for your vehicle. How old is the log book?
- Travel receipts and/or diary
- Receipts or diary records of your laundry/uniform expenses
- Receipts or diary records of your self-education expenses
- Any receipts or notes regarding other work related expenses
- Receipts of donations
- Receipts of expenses of managing last year tax affairs
- Government Allowance Statement or Payment Summary
- Non-Government Pension statement or payment summary
- Details of foreign income, tax paid and expenses incurred
- Annual Statement from Health insurer
- Detail of medical expenses/refunds received
- Annual summaries of your distributions from managed investments
- Details of payments to your investment advisor
- ETP Payment Summary
- Details of asset acquired/sold and expenses incurred
- Details of other income received
- Details of any self education expenses
If you're not sure, bring it & we'll discuss it. If we don't know, we can't include it.