Business Advantage August 2008
Ideas to Make Sure Your Business Keeps Winning Referrals
Make sure your business is the kind of business that people can and will happily refer.
You may find you’re already doing some of the ideas outlined here. Put together an action plan so you and your team deliver a consistent message.
1. Do a great job
Be great at what you do. Keep your promises. Deliver.
2. Consistently exceed expectations
Customers need to be delighted with what you’re doing for them and the way you do it.
3. Develop a relationship with your customers that goes over and above just selling
It’s the little things that you do that will really make the difference. And it can be the little things that you don’t.
4. Reassure your customers about their decision to buy
Second thoughts are common. What concerns are your customers likely to have that you could quell for them up front?
5. Deliver what your customer thinks you promised
G ain a clear understanding from the outset of what they really want.
6. Contact customers regularly
S end them a newsletter, a tape, a sample of a product, and so on.
7. At the very least, always thank your customers for sending people to you
Always say thank you. You don’t have to resort to expensive gifts, finder’s fees, and so on.
8. When you’ve done a great job and your customers tell you so—ASK
Thank them and ask for just one referral. Customers have an opportunity to back up their words.
The material herein is of the nature of general advice only, and neither purports, nor is intended to be advice on any particular matter that is tailored to your specific circumstances. Neither this firm nor any member or employee of the firm undertakes responsibility in any way whatsoever in respect of reliance solely upon this material, including any errors or omissions howsoever caused.